The poison ivy saga continues, with a rash now covering the majority of my body. I’ll be honest: Today, I went to the doctor for the third time. He looked at me, said it was definitely contact dermatitis caused by actual contact with poison ivy–said that I’m continuing to touch it somehow. At this point, I burst into tears. My hands were so tight from the swelling and bumps that I’d taken off my engagement ring & left it home; the itch was driving me up a wall.
I have more cortisone-based cream than any one person should probably need. Tonight, I plan to slip into a cold (sad face) oatmeal bath with a bottle–I mean glass–of wine & sit there until I absolutely can’t take it anymore.
Then, I’ll continue to look for fleas on Baby Bunny, because if you have poison ivy you might as well also find a flea on your husband & on your pet. Thanks, undergrad jerks who lived in the apartment for the summer…
And no, we don’t have the Internet yet. Just. I can’t.
If you need me, I’ll be laying on my mattress–which is still on the ground–in my swimsuit, letting the air conditioner blow over me until I pass out.