Yesterday, with the sun overcast & the temperature cool, Joe & I drove South from market, through tiny Indiana towns with European names until we reached Bray’s, a you-pick blueberry farm. We had $19. We grabbed a bucket and got to picking.
After about 30 minutes, we went to the scales to pay for our berries. And it was only $10. So we went back, found two unreal blueberry bushes & refilled our bucket in less than ten minutes.
$19. 8 pounds of blueberries, now filling our freezer to the brim.
They’re Joe’s favorite fruit, and neither of us have spent time picking fruit.
We’re having blueberries in ice cubes,
blueberries for snacks, and
We’ll have blueberry buckle for Joe’s birthday Tuesday. We’ll be turning violet, Violet!
Or maybe we’ll try some of these classic blueberry recipes:
- blueberry cream cheese bread
- blueberry buckle
- blueberry pancakes
- poppyseed cake with blueberry glaze
- blueberry syrup for sodas & mixed drinks
- maple blueberry scones or pumpkin blueberry scones
- lemon & blueberry waffles
- blueberry coconut milk ice cream
- raw vanilla & lemon cheesecake with blueberry topping