Hey, all. It’s the week leading up to Spring Break, & that means midterms, last-minute meetings, group project sessions & me frantically traveling from one part of town to the other until 10 p.m. each day. Regular posts will resume Saturday. In the mean time, check out this stuff:
- The Salt Cellar is by far the most beautiful tumblr I’ve ever seen. Equally lovely, reminding me of many drive through Ohio, is Rural Workshop.
- Check out these bulldog puppies learning how to walk, then buy me one.
- Found this convenient French film starter lists–best ever French films. We’ve seen 12 so far, just by roaming through the library’s collection. I recommend all of them, even the ones I haven’t seen. I hope to work through this lists during the summer & increase my understanding of French cinema. So far, all the films have been a sexually-charged, emotionally-heightened, playfully colored joy. Our favorites on the list so far: all three by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. The Three Colors (which should all be at any library), 8 Women (a modern, very French musical), The 400 Blows.
- Wayfare! A new, online travel magazine that will make you wish you were going anywhere & everywhere–absolutely gorgeous layout!
- If the French were eating red velvet cake, it would be this one. I’ve always found red velvet cake, well, disturbing. I don’t trust anything with that much food coloring. The recipe on Gilt Taste gets its color wine & cocoa alone. I’m all about it.
There you have it. Five happy things to keep your eyes busy. You won’t even miss me. See you Saturday!