I suck at math.
I missed a meeting. I got lost on my way to my new job. Each day is more full than the previous. I failed at making fudge. Fudge, people.
Did I mention it’s not even finals week yet?
I hate everything.
But there are some things that I like, & they are getting me through. So, in honor of the massive-ass to-do list I have to accomplish by Friday, Dec. 16 at noontime, let’s have a
Holiday-inspired List of Things Megan Doesn’t Hate that You May Like for Your Holidays Too:
- The Family Stone: Srsly. I don’t know what it is about this movie. Maybe it’s just Luke Wilson. Or the comfortable sweaters everyone wears. Or Rachel McAdams’s hair.
- A recipe for peppermint & white chocolate macarons: Nuf said. Yum.
- A new job at the Community Kitchen, doing public relations-ish nonprofit work & hopefully helping them connect with local food sources: This helps no one’s holidays, but it does give me health care. Merry Christmas, body!
- Rose-colored glasses: Mkay. No. Don’t have those, but they’d be nice.
- The fudge failure: Turns out, melting a bag of butterscotch chips, some peanut butter & evaporated milk will not give you fudge. It will give you a great mixture that you can eat with a spoon for breakfast. Pretend it’s oatmeal. Or, if you’re not losing your mind, save it & use it as an ice cream topping. (P.S. Why do we call it ice cream? Why not iced cream? Or something that doesn’t make it sound like ice is an ingredient?)
- This video of foxes jumping on a trampoline: Something that always lifts the spirits, I find.
- Figuring out how to make popcorn garlands for the Christmas tree
- Goodwill sweaters: Too big. Too comfy.
- Six to Eight Black Men: David Sedaris’s take on St-Nicolas.
I’m back to the calculus grindstone. Hope you’re having a good holiday season. Other tips to brighten the season? They’d be much appreciated!