Tomorrow “starts” Thanksgiving break–one class cancelled, leaving just the 8 a.m. & a bit of work between me & the massive holiday to-do list I’ve established for the next few days. Here is (how fitting) a list of why I’m ready for this mini-break before the longer break between semesters:
- Not having highlighter & liquid paper stains on my fingers: This is a serious problem I have.
- No. calculus. eeeeever. again: With the exception of the final stretch before the, err, final the stress for this class is oh-ver. I couldn’t be happier. It makes my brain ooze out of my ears & my eyes go all foggy.
- Having faaaamily time: This includes re-introducing my bunny to her cousin, my sister’s baby bunny.
- Baking, blankets & beer at any time of the day I so choose: The list has gotten long for seasonal baking, including a few new French recipes I hope to turn into Betz family traditions (like spritzes & les bonhomme de neige).
- Finding seasonal work: This is something I’ve never tried before, & I know everyone says their positions have been miserable… but for some reason, I find the idea a bit exciting. I love that during Christmas break, our days will be filled with just us, books & attempts at writing, broken by whatever means I can find of making some cash. If anyone has suggestions on seasonal work, I’d love to hear them.
Back to decorating. And organizing. And planning. And being, for many reasons, the happiest & calmest I’ve felt since the wild ride of graduate school began.